Scientific MOOCs follower. Author of Airpocalypse, a techno-medical thriller (Out Summer 2017)


Welcome to the digital era of biology (and to this modest blog I started in early 2005).

To cure many diseases, like cancer or cystic fibrosis, we will need to target genes (mutations, for ex.), not organs! I am convinced that the future of replacement medicine (organ transplant) is genomics (the science of the human genome). In 10 years we will be replacing (modifying) genes; not organs!


Anticipating the $100 genome era and the P4™ medicine revolution. P4 Medicine (Predictive, Personalized, Preventive, & Participatory): Catalyzing a Revolution from Reactive to Proactive Medicine.


I am an early adopter of scientific MOOCs. I've earned myself four MIT digital diplomas: 7.00x, 7.28x1, 7.28.x2 and 7QBWx. Instructor of 7.00x: Eric Lander PhD.

Upcoming books: Airpocalypse, a medical thriller (action taking place in Beijing) 2017; Jesus CRISPR Superstar, a sci-fi -- French title: La Passion du CRISPR (2018).

I love Genomics. Would you rather donate your data, or... your vital organs? Imagine all the people sharing their data...

Audio files on this blog are Windows files ; if you have a Mac, you might want to use VLC (http://www.videolan.org) to read them.

Concernant les fichiers son ou audio (audio files) sur ce blog : ce sont des fichiers Windows ; pour les lire sur Mac, il faut les ouvrir avec VLC (http://www.videolan.org).


To my e-readers. A mes e-lecteurs

Dear readers,

I know a liver transplant patient working with Apple who used to call this blog a "brilliant blunder" ... Your brilliant blunder, he used to say, actually  ...

I also know some doctors calling this blog "your archives" ...

Archives are not very productive: always getting in the way of people who want to work and move on ... There are always too many of them ... What a pain in the neck ... Archives belong to the past, they're kind of some no-life stuff ... whereas a "blunder" can be turned into something else ... something more creative ...

People who make blunders keep asking questions, so here's one for you: if you'd like for me to address something specific in my next post(s), please let me know ...

Cheers :-)

Catherine
cath.coste@laposte.net

Chers lecteurs,

Ce blog existe depuis début 2005 ... L'occasion pour vous de me faire part de nombreuses critiques, de me confier des tranches de vos vies (plus ou moins volontairement), parfois vous m'encouragez et me critiquez tour à tour. Bref, je m'entête à poursuivre ce blog-qui-dérange (un blog sur l'innovation en Gaule, pensez donc) ; vous me faites prendre la douche écossaise tout en me reprochant d'avoir du sang irlandais dans les veines. Nous sommes bien en Gaule ... et en phase ... et ce blog sur l'éthique santé et les TIC santé (nouvelles technologies en santé) ... n'est qu'une immense gaffe ... On dit que les gaffeurs posent beaucoup de questions. Vous savez, les fameuses "questions idiotes" (jamais vu, où ça ??). Voici donc ma question : y aurait-il des sujets que vous aimeriez voir traités et discutés sur ce blog ?

Dans l'attente de vos mails ... Cordiales salutations.

Catherine
cath.coste@laposte.net

  ==> AUDIO VERSION

1 commentaire:

Ethics, Health and Death 2.0 a dit…

Photo traitée avec l'Appli pour iPhone Purikura (Nine Software, Tokyo, Japon).